Wednesday 11 January 2012

Expectations for the next 6weeks

In all honesty, I don't know what to expect of the next six weeks.

When I originally signed up for the Winter Program, I wanted to learn more about myself - what I want in life, what I expect from others and what I hope to change within myself. However, since I've been travelling the last month, these questions have been answered for me, and my thoughts/opinions of things have changed. I guess I hope to maybe advance on this & get to know myself more.

In regards to my educational experience, I hope to develop more of my speaking side. I'm not confident in talking, but I think the next six weeks will be very useful for this, because my host mum doesn't speak English, so I have to completely speak to her in German, with the help of an online translator :)

So far, every German I have come across has been absolutely lovely, which is different to the typical stereotype we see in film and tv. They are very friendly and always happy to help with directions, etc.

In the end, I'm here to grow both intellectually and emotionally, so I hope that the next six weeks bring that, as well as laughter :)


2 comments:

  1. I completely agree that the people here are very lovely and are very different to how they are normally portrayed. Perhaps one of the things I have noticed is that they like to have Alles in Ordnung :D.

    It is really awesome that you are sort of "forced to" speak, which will probably improve your german a lot in the next 6 weeks :)..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only speaking german ist echt der Hammer. I'm trying to do that with my host mum too.

    ReplyDelete